Protecting the precious environment
Offices: CO2 reduction and energy-saving activities
Energy-saving activities conducted by all companies in the Group
Following the revised Act on Rationalizing Energy Use coming into effect in April 2010, the Haseko Group has been engaging in energy-saving activities at its offices by bringing together all companies in the Group.
Energy usage and CO2 emissions
In fiscal 2018, total energy usage slightly increased due to the increase in work volume and the expansion of operations. However, energy usage per square meter of floor space decreased as a result of energy-saving activities being promoted on an ongoing basis.
* Business establishments made available for business use other than for office purposes are not included.
Initiatives at Shiba Head Office Building in Tokyo and Hiranomachi Building in Osaka
In addition to energy-saving activities, we are aggressively working on the effective utilization of paper resources, promotion of recycling of resources and the prevention of environmental pollution.
Effective utilization of paper resources (Reduction of copy paper usage)
In fiscal 2018, copy paper usage was 17.78 million sheets. Amid the increasing work volume, copy paper usage decreased 3.4% year-on-year by 630,000 sheets. Going forward, we will continue to promote double-sided copying, copying of two or more pages on one side of paper, use of reverse side of used paper, and reduction of conference materials in an effort to effectively utilize paper resources.
Promotion of recycling of resources
In fiscal 2018, the green purchase rate of stationery was 93.9%, the highest in the past five years. The purchase rate has been maintained above the 90% level, which is the result of the widespread acceptance of the promotion of recycling of resources.
Prevention of environmental pollution (Reduction of total waste disposal volume)
In fiscal 2018, the total waste disposal volume decreased 23.8% year-on-year to 37t. Going forward, we will continue making efforts to reduce the volume of waste by utilizing recycle boxes and separating waste in thoroughgoing manner.
- Creating attractive living spaces
- Providing housing tailored to diverse lifestyles
- Utilizing ICT and promoting open innovation
- Supporting interaction in local communities
- Regeneration condominiums and improving the value of housing (rebuilding, prolonging life and renovation)
- Quality management system
- Realizing safe, secure and comfortable spaces
- Developing technologies that support daily life
- Services to help bring greater peace of mind and comfort in daily life
- Contributing to the solution of social issues in housing
- Building a company worth working at
- Protecting the precious environment
- Developing the lineup of ZEH Condominiums
- Environmental management system
- Flow of materials
- Construction: Initiatives to prevent global warming
- Construction: Cyclical resource use and waste reduction initiatives
- Water resources
- Designing: Environment-conscious initiatives
- Research and technological development: Technology to realize reduction of environmental burden
- Social evaluation of environmental preservation activities
- Offices: CO2 reduction and energy-saving activities
- Environmental accounting
- Nurturing a culture of trust
- Corporate Governance
- Compliance/risk management system
- Information security and protection of personal information
- Respect of human rights
- Biodiversity conservation activities
- Next-generation development support
- Activities to protect the regional environment
- Helping resolve regional issues
- Social welfare activities
- Philanthropic activities
- Donation and sponsorship